This week at FUEL, we’re going to transition into more of an outward life application from the scriptures than what we have done the past few weeks – that being a general overview of what it means to be a Christian and why evangelism must be a top priority for us. Reading through Acts 8:26-40, we’ll take a look at some evangelism principles that Philip used when presenting the gospel to the Ethiopian Eunuch, and talk about how those same principles need to be employed when our students share the Gospel with others. Those 3 evangelism principles that we will focus in on (and consequently encourage our students to live out this week) are listed below.
- Evangelism is always Holy Spirit driven (Titus 3:4-7; John 6:44)
- Evangelism is always rooted in scripture (2 Timothy 3:16-17)
- Evangelism is always meant to be relational. (Acts 8:26-40; Matthew 9:35-38)
Through the above principles, we will encourage our students to pray for lost students in their schools, to build meaningful relationships with lost people, and to use scripture and it’s truths when presenting the gospel. Along with encouraging these principles, I’ll be sharing some common evangelism strategies that any student can use in their school or amongst their friend groups.
As a way to continually encourage your student(s), why not try and use these principles yourself and come alongside your student to show them how it’s done? I unashamedly believe this is the best way teach evangelism to our students! If you and your family already have a way that you share the gospel with others, then thank you for what you do and please continue to do so. But if not, why not try out some of the options listed below that are easy to learn evangelism strategies? I hope that you’ll come alongside our student ministry this week in encouraging our students in evangelism by implementing these same tools and strategies in your own life. May God bless you and us as we seek to share His word with a lost world!
- “The God Test” http://www.thegodtest.org/ There is also an app you can download for this evangelism tool. I love this strategy, and would encourage you to try it out!
- “The Single Verse Strategy” Evangelism is most effective when we present the gospel message in a clear and precise way. Why not take one verse of scripture (John 3:16, John 14:6, Acts 2:21, exc.), memorize it, and share it with lost individuals that we come into contact with? This is a great way to reach people with the Gospel and it still be firmly rooted in scripture.
- “The Romans Road” – yes, this is an “oldie but a goodie”. Rooted in scripture, this strategy allows Christians to walk people through the great truth from the book of Romans, and how we are justified by our faith alone in Jesus Christ. Check it out here: https://www.biblegateway.com/blog/2016/09/evangelism-the-romans-road-to-salvation/
Youth Pastor – FBC Elberton