The 3 Key Truths that will presented to our students in this week’s lesson are:
- Jesus affirms the complete truth of the Bible. Jesus is in perfect agreement with all that the Bible says and teaches.
- Jesus fulfills all of scripture, and all of scripture points to Jesus. In every passage of scripture, the glory of God through the life, death, and resurrection of Christ is ALWAYS the primary takeaway.
- Jesus teaches that a true understanding of the Bible is shown by living in obedience to God’s commands. The Pharisees, Scribes, and religious leaders of Jesus’ day were self-righteous men who disobeyed many of God’s commands while teaching others to do the same. Jesus rebukes their life and standard, and encourages the true people of God to seek obedience to all that God calls us too in the Bible.
For prayer this week, please continue to pray for these two specifics items:
- Salvation among our students. I have no doubt that some of our students need to be saved, and 1 Timothy 2:1 commands that we as Christians should always offer prayers of salvation for all people. Let’s be obedient to do that!
- Pray for a genuine thirst for God’s Word among our students. The Christian life is always guided by the truth of the Bible; thus, the Christian life cannot begin (or grow) without the Bible. Our students the truth of God’s Word in their minds on a daily basis! Please pray that God would grow them to maturity and to a love for His truth in the Bible.
In addition to our lesson this week, here are questions that you can ask your student throughout the week to “continue the conversation”. We hope that these questions can be easy, practical, and relational. Our goal is to see our students having Gospel-centered conversations throughout the week, not just on Wednesday nights. So please join us in this effort!
- Do you believe that the Bible is perfectly true and contains no error? Why or why not?
- In conversations with your friends and peers, how often is the Bible (or it’s truths) discussed? Is the truth of God’s Word something that you talk about daily?
- Have you ever tried to memorize scripture? How could this help you in your daily walk with God?
- The Bible teaches that Jesus is the “main character” and “focus point” of all of God’s truth. When you study the Bible, do you actively look for how Jesus is being pointed to or glorified in that particular passage?
- How do you think Jesus felt about God’s Word? Did Jesus love the scriptures? Did he live in obedience to them?