Here’s how you can pray for our students this week!
- Continue to pray for salvation among our students. James 4:2 says that “we do not have, because we do not ask”. Likewise, Jesus Himself tells us in John 14:13 – “Whatever you ask in my name, this I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.” If we want people to get saved, the first step is to pray and ask God to be gracious to reveal the truth of the Gospel to unsaved individuals. Please join us in praying for our students who may not be saved!
- Continue to pray for a genuine thirst for the scriptures among our students. The whole point of this portion of our teaching series is to show our students that we can know Jesus in the Bible; in fact, this is our only source for truly knowing him. If our students want to know Jesus, love him, and obey him, they’ll need to develop a true love for scripture!
- Pray for a disciplined lifestyle among our students. The other portion of this teaching series is for our students to know that Jesus’ life was disciplined around His fierce love for God the Father. Our lives should be no different. Pray that our students would discipline their actions and their minds around the truth of the Gospel.
Here are some questions that you can ask your students leading up to Wednesday’s lesson, and following Wednesday’s lesson.
- Who do you think wrote the Bible? Men, or God? Why is our answer to this question important? (A: Both! This tells us that all of scripture is God’s very perfect words to us!)
- What books of the Bible could you read to learn about the heart of Jesus Christ? (A: The Gospels – Matthew, Mark, Luke, John. But, all of scripture contains the heart of Jesus! All of the Bible does this perfectly.)
- Is it “ok” for us to reject that the Bible is completely true? (A: No. The perfection of scripture is a reflection of Jesus’ own heart and life. To reject the Bible as perfectly true is to reject Jesus as perfect truth.)
- Do you think that all Christians should make the truth of scripture the foundation or how we live our lives? How are you doing this now?
- How can you be prepared to defend the truth of the Bible when people question it?